Covid-19 vaccinations will be provided through a range of local NHS services. The vaccines will be available to everyone over 18 years old. People will be invited for vaccination based on a nationally set priority list. The elderly and most at risk from Covid-19 will be vaccinated first
You do not need to contact the surgery until you receive a letter, text or phone call about getting the Covid-19 vaccines. Our phone lines are very busy and we would appreciate your support to keep phone lines open for people needing to make appointments for other health matters.
The vaccination programme will take several months to work through everyone, so it could be some time before you are contacted.
Please help protect yourself, friends and loved ones by getting vaccinated when you are invited.
Find out more
- For more information about the Covid-19 vaccination programme in Kent and Medway, please visit NHS: Kent and Medway CCG
- For national information about the vaccine visit NHS: Coronavirus Vaccine
Vaccination Information 30th March 2021
Covid-19 vaccinations clinics for our patients are being run from Musgrove Park Surgery. There will be home visits for housebound patients.
Please read the questions and answers below about our local vaccination service.
We have invited all patients in the groups below: ( Cohorts 1-9)
- Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- All those 75 years of age and over
- All those aged 70-74 years and those in Cohort 4 classed as extremely vulnerable
- Those aged 16-64 with underlying health conditions in Cohort 6
- All those aged 50-64 with no underlying health conditions.
If you fall into one of the above groups and have not been invited or have not yet had your vaccine please contact your GP practice to book an appointment.
If you have had your first vaccination more than 11 weeks ago and have not been invited for your second dose please contact your GP practice to book an appointment.
When inviting patients for a vaccine the practice will either telephone the patient or carer or send a text message.
If you have received and accepted an invitation for a Covid-19 vaccine we would strongly encourage you to prioritise coming to the appointment. If for unavoidable reasons you cannot make it please call the practice to cancel so that we can invite someone else.
We would ask that anyone who does not have their own transport tries to arrange a lift with a friend or relative.